The forest fire dies out

 Ah, procrastination's here knocking on my door again. The weirdest thing is that it brings a great rush that numbs me to the deadlines that I keep for myself. The deadlines that would enable me to produce quality over quantity. The deadlines that make me a planner. That makes me do whatever it is that I stand for. It waltzes in so effortlessly, breaking down every small bit of me I slogged to build. It drags on until I think I have to find "the fire" within me and set it to everything I see.

I guess lucky are those whose lives aren't yet plagued by this cause and effect. It is told time and again that you can keep a fire going to push you to your best. You light it in whichever way that works for you whether it be self-hate, doubt, harsh goals, or bitter truths. Maybe my list tilted toward the dark side there, but no post-its saying "you can do it" ever worked on me! That's what I wish to change moving forward. I believe that the strangest thing you can do to yourself is think that you need constant motivation to keep you from procrastinating. The concept of rest gets lost somewhere along the way though that is what we believe we do while we're procrastinating. This basically leads to a circle of not doing anything or helping your own mind be kinder to you. You might then set off a forest fire thinking it's the best way to motivate you to rise and shine through it all, but to me, it feels like that's far from the truth.

It's only on some reflection that I found that whenever I feel like I'm not out there "achieving" it, it is only causing me pain. It is only making me feel undeserving of ordinary things. It is only making me want to try and rebel against "laziness". It is only making me feel like the path that's left is through the labyrinth of burning out.  And when the burnout hits, more deadlines pile and the unwelcome feeling intensifies. So, I talk, I write, I sing, I move around to remember that whatever needs to be done, shall not be rushed more than my very existence. It shall not compromise on all subsequent things that can be done and those might be some of the hardest decisions I make. Those decisions might help me choose things that make me truly happy instead of settling for any less. Oh, I am willing to learn about calming this chaos and finding another way to keep at it because when the forest fire dies out, it sets off a slow and steady chain of disasters...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Red Moon

My immaturity

Through their eyes